By Lucio Tommaso De Paolis, Antonio Mongelli
This booklet constitutes the completely revised papers of the 1st foreign convention on Augmented and digital fact, AVR 2014, held in Lecce, Italy, in September 2014. The 28 papers, 2 tutorials and three keynotes awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from seventy six submissions. They comprise subject matters from virtual/augmented/mixed truth to 3D person interfaces and the expertise had to permit those environments to quite a lot of functions (medical, leisure, army, layout, manufacture, upkeep, arts and cultural heritage).
Read Online or Download Augmented and Virtual Reality: First International Conference, AVR 2014, Lecce, Italy, September 17-20, 2014, Revised Selected Papers PDF
Best user experience & usability books
This e-book offers a fascinating method of the matter of mixed-initiative conversation platforms. the instance is often current and is helping to appreciate. It describes a prolog-based job orientated conversation method in which the lacking axiom paradigm is used to arrive the target of every conversation procedure : make the person chuffed.
This e-book provides the most recent examine at the software program crowdsourcing method of improve huge and complicated software program in a cloud-based platform. It develops the basic ideas, administration association and techniques, and a cloud-based infrastructure to help this new software program improvement technique.
Within the vast fields of optics, holography and digital fact, know-how maintains to adapt. screens: basics and purposes, moment variation addresses those updates and discusses how real-time special effects and imaginative and prescient permit the appliance and monitors of graphical second and 3D content material.
Voice consumer interfaces (VUIs) have gotten all of the rage at the present time. yet how do you construct person who humans can truly communicate with? even if you’re designing a cellular app, a toy, or a tool equivalent to a house assistant, this useful e-book publications you thru uncomplicated VUI layout ideas, is helping you decide the precise speech acceptance engine, and indicates you ways to degree your VUI’s functionality and increase upon it.
- Designing Social Interfaces: Principles, Patterns, and Practices for Improving the User Experience (Animal Guide)
- KI 2015: Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 38th Annual German Conference on AI, Dresden, Germany, September 21-25, 2015, Proceedings
- Robot Physical Interaction through the combination of Vision, Tactile and Force Feedback: Applications to Assistive Robotics
- The Role of Technology in CSCL: Studies in Technology Enhanced Collaborative Learning (Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning Series)
Extra info for Augmented and Virtual Reality: First International Conference, AVR 2014, Lecce, Italy, September 17-20, 2014, Revised Selected Papers
11. By this way, user will learn the traffic rules. -F. Lin et al. Fig. 6. The weapon will appear at the top of the car Fig. 7. A roadblock hindrance on the screen A MAR Game Design via a Remote Control Module Fig. 8. Drive and crash into roadblocks Fig. 9. -F. Lin et al. Fig. 10. The green traffic light is safe to pass Fig. 11. Passing through the red traffic light causes warning A MAR Game Design via a Remote Control Module 5 17 Conclusions We construct virtual object settings and create the appearance by traffic signal as well as various animation of virtual traffic light, for the reality and remote toys as starting point.
AR interaction with different devices produces more interesting applications. In this paper, we propose two system process modes and design three play scenarios. Combining AR and remote-control car gets more different experience and pleasure. Future studies should further investigate user friendliness and usability with respect to remote-control toys and AR system. The development of additional interaction technology to create Augmented Reality content allows users to understand and use easily.
Full tracking solutions can be divided into model-based and appearance-based approaches. Model-based approaches  are based on a 3D model representing the object to be tracked. These approaches seek for the 3D model parameters that minimize the discrepancy between the appearance and 3D structure of hypothesized instances of the model and actual observations. The problem is usually solved using probabilistic optimization approaches  or evolutionary algorithms , leading to accurate results, but requiring a lot of computational resources.